Monday, September 7, 2009

Naked truth

Okay for today I got real. I got naked. I decided it was time to take a real good look at what I had done to my body as far as measurements go.
Wow! You know it was surprising to see how much I haven't changed since the last time, which was probably 6 years ago. The only part of me that has changed is the ab area, which I knew. The doctor told me that would be the by-product of my stress and the hormone cortisol increasing from lack of sleep. I don't feel that bad about my starting point though. It is do-able.
I am starting a new workout routine tomorrow and the video came with those lovely fat-testing calipers. The last time I used those was when I was on the drill team in high school.
Back then I had about 13 % which was lean and now I'm up to 24 % which is on the high side of average. I was surprised by that so I measured 5 times!
I'm not just looking for a number drop on the scale but an all round healthy life and body.
Here's to all of us Big Losers.:)

6 comments:

Elise said...

Great job for getting real with yourself. I think sometimes that is half the battle. I don't have a full-size mirror in my home, so when I visit a family member or stay somewhere with one I'm always shocked at how terrible I look full-on! Sad, huh? Anyway, you are moving in the right direction and I hope you meet all your goals. Good Luck!

Karilynn said...

I'm so with you on the getting healthy wagon. I did a body fat percentage test the other day and it was 26.6%! I'm not looking for a number on a scale anymore, I'm lookin for around 16-19% body fat. :o)

Supermom75 said...

I was wrong...it was more like 29!!! Ouch.

Kathy Scoffield said...

Congrats on getting real and quitting smoking! 2 things at once! Way to go! I want to focus more on over all health as well. I think I'm about 28%.

Mindy said...

Good job getting real. I did the same and it was painful but really exciting to get real about a starting point. No place to go but down right?

Ellura said...

I think everyone else has said what I would say - good luck with the smoking and this together. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. :)