Friday, October 16, 2009

Reality

I realized why the scale isn't going down though I've been working out so hard. I learned this of myself by watching 'Biggest Loser". I have traded one addiction for another(smoking for eating). When I used to feel that lonely or empty or stressed or anxious feeling I used to grab a cigarette. Now I put food in my mouth. Awareness is key. I'm changing my self talk. There has been a gain of 15 lbs from the day I quit smoking to this day(two months!!!) I am changing this. I understand there is a metabolism shift involved so I may never win this challenge but it will be worth it for me because I will learn more about myself and start heading the weight in the right direction..down.

5 comments:

Beckstrom7 said...

Congrats on the not smoking. I quite 1 1/2 years ago and it has made a huge diffrence (both good and bad) in my life. I can now breath easier go further and just overall feel healthier. The down side is yes my metabolism got screwed. I am having a hard time getting this weight off and there are still days I want to smoke but I dont. Try going for carrots when you feel the need or celery or some other healty alternative. Good luck.

Karilynn said...

Reality bites! ;o) If you can quit smoking, you can surely quit mindless eating! GO BRITTANY!

Moi said...

I feel your pain sista! Quitting smoking is hard work. Eating is healthier than smoking but now that you realize getting both under control, you are going to be dangerous

Christen Farmer said...

Congrats on the quitting smoking. I have never done it but have plenty of friends who struggle with quitting. I agree with Karilynn. If you can quit smoking, you can quit the eating also.

Ellura said...

congrats on the smoking - you are one tough girl if you can do that! I'm sure you will get that weight off too. I have a feeling that once you set your mind to something, there is no stopping you! good luck